Monday, March 13, 2006

Awesome birthday

Yes folks, I'm a quarter-century old, as of yesterday, :-). For all of one week, Liz and I will be the same age, teehee!

It was an awesome birthday, by all accounts. The day started late, as any good Sunday should, and when we were just about ready to roll out of bed Liz decided to shower me with gifts. She got me the three Sandman volumes I'm missing, as well as an awesome Sandman Companion that I'll have to dive into once I plow through said three volumes.

The best part of my birthday gifts, however (no offense to Neil and his brilliant cast of characters), was the card she made me. Now, those of you who read my last post know how enamored I am of Guitar Hero, and that I'm pretty much at the end of the game. Along with my gifts I got a card saying "Happy Birthday to my Guitar Hero!" with the following image on it:


She calls it "Dimebag Luis". Hellz frickin' yeah. Don't I look like a real rockstar with that Confederate axe? She took a photo of Dimebag Darrell (late guitarist for Pantera, for those who don't know) and used her mad Photoshop skills to create this adonis, :-). Now if I could only play "Cowboys From Hell" on Expert mode to justify the photo, sigh...

To top it all off, yesterday afternoon Liz made me an absolutely delicious key-lime pie. We didn't have time to let it cool as much as it should've (and by "We didn't have time" I mean "I didn't want to wait any more before having a slice"), so it ended up being more like key-lime pudding, but I'm sure that by tonight it'll be right as rain. We are, however, going to Jean Georges tonight for a dual-birthday dinner, so I don't know if there'll be room in my tummy for a slice, but hey, there's always tomorrow. We're becoming such cosmopolitan eaters lately! First Eleven Madison Park, then Nobu, now Jean Georges! Babbo should be on the menu sometime soon, hehe.

Ok, gotta fly. I have to actually get some work done today. Phooey.

Luis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home