Monday, November 15, 2004

Of ubiquitous bracelets and nonextant blue-drink

This weekend I was in Philadelphia for the bridal shower and bachelorette party of one of my dearest friends. What a fun time! The shower was held in a big mansion on the Cabrini College campus. My friend's mother really pulled out all the stops to make this a memorable and spectacular afternoon. She even made a donation to a breast cancer charity, and gave each attendee a bracelet to show our support. What a great idea! It's nice to know that her money went directly to the charity, unlike that other bracelet snafu. I'm wearing mine today, and I'm feeling very self-righteous and puffy. I am breast cancer-aware, yes I am.

The bachelorette party was a whole lot of fun and a little bit of scandal, which I won't detail here. Suffice it to say that I am exhausted, surprisingly un-hungover (actually not all that surprising due to the v. tragic exploding sour mix incident and ensuing lack of blue drink), and eager to see all my Hopkins friends again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home