Wednesday, June 14, 2006

NIN at Jones Beach

This Saturday will mark my third Nine Inch Nails show ever, and my third show in just over a year (I'm not gonna try and keep track of how many Liz has been to, hehe)! They're playing at Jones Beach Theater, out on Long Island, so it should be a different experience than seeing them at Hammerstein or Madison Square Garden. For one it's an outdoor venue, but it's a nighttime show, so hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm sure the pit will be pretty frickin' hot, though...

The opening acts this time are pretty impressive: Peaches and Bauhaus. I've only heard a few Bauhaus songs, and while they're not my favorite band ever I've heard that they're awesome live. I haven't heard any Peaches songs (I think we have a few of her albums at home on iTunes, though [ah, the wonders of borrowing friends' external hard drives and copying a ton of music...]), but I've enjoyed all of the opening acts that I've seen at NIN shows so far (Dresden Dolls, Death From Above 1979, Queens of the Stone Age), and I don't expect this weekend to be any different...

Rather than taking the LIRR and then a bus we decided to just rent a car instead, since it'll only be about $70, and this way we don't have to worry about the hordes of other people who will also want to take the train and bus after the show. Yay Avis!

We'll post something after the show, for sure.

Luis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home