Friday, October 27, 2006

Come join the Black Parade!

So Liz loves My Chemical Romance, and has for about a year now (has it been more than that?). I'd heard a few of their songs on the radio, and thought they were ok, but she just fell in love with their teenybopper style, :-). Anyway, she eventually bought their first big album, "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge", and made me listen to it, and I thought a lot of it was cool, but not exactly my stilo. This week their second album, "The Black Parade", came out, and man was I in for a reevaluation...

The Black Parade

In short, The Black Parade rocks. It's got intensity, it's got catchiness, it's got melody, and it's got kick-ass sound. They draw heavily from bands like Queen (and even Pink Floyd on one song [Mama]), and I think they show a lot more maturity/versatility than one their first album, which might be why I like it so much. I listened to it like 3 or 4 times in a row at work on Wednesday, and a few more times since then. It's got so many awesome songs: This is How I Disappear (my personal favorite), The Sharpest Lives, Welcome to the Black Parade, House of Wolves, Cancer, Disenchanted, Famous Last Words, etc.

Anyway, Liz and I both highly recommend this album, even to those people who didn't like previous MCR songs or have just never heard them. You can actually listen to the entire thing for free on The Black Parade's official website, so you have no excuse, :-)!

Hugs,
Luis

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's going on? No more posting?

-Mike

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home