Friday, February 09, 2007

If You Could Do Anything...

What would you do? If money and location were of no importance, what would you do for a living? I would...


Become a pastry chef
It sounds like such a cliché, but ever since I was young I've loved to bake, and have always been told that I'm good at it. Wouldn't it be amazing to be responsible for everyone's favorite part of their meal? Granted, the hours and the pay are terrible, but perhaps the personal satisfaction and pride in your work would more than make up for it.
As you can tell from my Argentine flag cupcakes, I've got a long way to go in the piping skills department, but my heart is in it 100%.


Be a fighter pilot or an astronaut
As a teenager, it was my big dream to go to the Naval Academy and become a top fighter pilot. Specifically, I wanted to be the first woman to fly the Harrier AV-8B.
For various reasons, it didn't work out as planned, but I still think of how great it would have been. As for the other career listed in the heading, well, who doesn't want to be an astronaut?? If I got a phone call right now that said come down to Florida for training, I'd be all over that.


Train horses and give riding lessons
I love riding, and can think of no more comfortable seat than a saddle. To the left is a picture of me circa 1984 or so learning the fundamentals of dressage. How great would it be to be on a ranch, working each day with a horse until you finally earn his trust? Then you can share your knowledge with others, training the next generation of horse-crazy girls to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home