Friday, February 25, 2005

It's official

I'm regressing back to those school days, school days, happy golden rule days.
First, the case of the evil
chin zit. Now, pink eye.

I feel like the world's most disgusting creature, one gimpy, crusty eye cursing the bright sun, the cold air, and its own reflection. I feel infected, and really, well, I am. Ick.

I never had pink eye as a child, and never really saw it in action either because as soon as one kid in class came down with it, he or she would be sent home stat. I can certainly see why! I don't feel sick, but you can tell that this sucker is majorly virulent.

I wore sunglasses from the front door of my apartment all the way to my desk at work today. The last thing I wanted was for fellow straphangers to stare at my one puffy monstrosity, the crowd parting like the Red Sea before Moses as I walk through the car to find a seat. Children screaming, women crying, men throwing themselves in front of their families - "Look away, kids! She-Beast, take me instead! They've got so much to live for."

Pete assures me that he's had pink eye, and it goes away in a few days. Keep your fingers crossed for me, and remember to wash your hands!

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Oh no, you got a boo-boo! ;)
I'll see you tomorrow, jes?

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home