Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Christmas-time woes

Why is it that it's almost impossible to get all your Christmas shopping done in a timely fashion, and more than 2 weeks before the actual gift-exchange? I've bought so many gifts already, but so many are still missing... Even when we have the webpage loaded right in front of our eyes Liz and I can't seem to muster up the strength to sit down and order the gifts we're getting for our brothers+sisters-in-law, despite the fact that the order page has been open in Firefox for at least two full days! Sigh... Maybe tonight we'll actually do it.

Plus another problem that's rearing it's ugly head is the fact that, while we're not sure if we're technically allowed to have them, our wonderful boys are standing in the way of things getting fixed in our apartment. Lord knows that we'd be in hot water if our super came by to fix stuff and saw two cats in a supposedly animal-free building... While I don't think it's strictly enforced, clearly it would be safer to either: a) not have them around when the super's coming over (but it's impossible to find out in advance, since he just shows up when he's free), or b) wait until after we give them some dinero for Christmas, so that they're more likely to ignore their presence, even though we can be pretty hard to ignore sometimes! The list of things keeps getting bigger, though, so we want to try and fix these problems as soon as we can, because believe you me, no one likes their closet door to fall on their leg. Do you like it? Yeah. I didn't think so. ;-)!

But back to these gift-obtaining shennanigans, I still need to get the piece de resistance for the pup, and while I have many ideas and leads, I actually need to go out and see how those ideas play out.

I also still need to get stuff for my sister and Liz's dad (I know what I'm getting him, but need to find out what other accessories and such I can get him with it), plus one or two more things for my mom. Lordy there's still stuff to do!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home