Thursday, December 16, 2004

Miss Jackson if you're nasty

This is among the most disgusting things I have ever read, particularly the very last line of the article. Not to mention the fact that all of these supposedly hot girls look completely busted, or as the divine Ms. Jones would say, "To' up from the flo' up."

Beauty is, of course, subjective. Perhaps I am a bad person for thinking that these girls are: a) nasty, b) vapid, and c) classless. On the other hand, how low can you sink? Buying a fake engagement ring so that you can supposedly ward off the advances of construction workers? I have news for you, mamacita. Those guys will still cat call you regardless of the ring's presence or perceived bling-factor. (I can't believe I just wrote "bling." Kill me now.)

All the same, what living, breathing woman hasn't had to fend off the unwanted advances of a would-be suitor? My Catholic guilt tells me that it's wrong to lie, but what about white-lying to a man to save his dignity and prevent your own discomfort? Surely that isn't so bad... or is it? In the past, I've pretended not to speak English (or in Moscow, not to speak Russian). I've said I had a boyfriend when I really didn't. I've even been so forthright (gasp!) to say, "Thank you, but I'm really not interested." How do you handle the situation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home