Sunday, March 06, 2005

Also

I love the new Tori Amos album, The Beekeeper. It's certainly not her best ever (From the Choirgirl Hotel holds that distinction for me), but it is definitely enjoyable, and it's passed the test of making me tear up at least once while listening to it. The much-anticipated duet with Damien Rice, "The Power of Orange Knickers," is a little lackluster. I'm not sure I can put my finger on the exact problem, though - it almost seems as if their voices don't match properly or something.

For as much as Luis
bitches about singer-songwriters and teases me about how vulnerable I am to their manipulations, he's the one who bought The Beekeeper for me a few days ago. What a sweetheart, huh?

Now we've got the
new NIN album to look forward to (and the live show at the Hammerstein that Luis and I are going to in May - huzzah!)*. I feel like I'm back in high school or something. Is Prick, Marilyn Manson, or Psychotica coming out with something new? Seems like they oughta be...

*This reminds me of the last time I went to see a Nine Inch Nails show in Maryland with Jenny. We were sitting in the last covered row of seats at an outdoor ampitheatre, and so we were standing on our chairs to watch the show. I had been expecting my period, and just a few songs into the set I felt it start. I didn't want to run to the Andy Gumps in the middle of the concert, so I decided to forget it as best I could and just deal with it when we got home. Jenny and I enjoyed the concert very much, and once we got back to our apartment, I was shocked to discover that I had not, in fact, started my period at all. I was just that happy to see Trent Reznor. I wish I could tell him this story without seeming like a scary stalker girl - I would get a kick out of it, were I a completely hot
rock star/sex god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home