Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Domesticated House-Girl

Luis left the house early in the morning, but I was so sleepy that I barely noticed. I finally woke up late, covered in sleeping fuzzballs, and spent most of the late morning and early afternoon naked on the couch with a box of Cookie Crisp. Finally, when I could find nothing good on TV, I padded around and took forever to clean the house, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing the tub, and making one big pile of magazines and papers for Luis to sort through when he got home.

I left the house only once at 7 p.m. to go to the supermarket. I decided that I would make lasagna for dinner, since it sounded really good to me and I know that Luis loves it too. Right at the beginning of the preparation process, Luis came home and helped me fix dinner right down to the garlic bread.

At one point in my life, this would have sounded like a very disappointing Saturday; however, I can honestly say that it was truly magnificent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home