Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Overdue update

Ok, so I'm officially the worst excuse for a blogger I've ever seen... If it weren't for the diligent work of one Elizabeth Austin this blog would surely not have been updated in months. In my defense I guess nothing of too much consequence has been going on lately, and "the rant" is my preferred form of blog-expression, as I'm sure some of you remember, ;-).

Things with us are great, as I'm sure you have deduced from da pup's posts, and we're even going to a cute little B&B in Old Saybrook [CT] this weekend for her birthday! Our package includes an hour's massage, that I'm letting her have in its entirety, since I'm as averse to having my back rubbed as most cats are to water (though not all of them, teehee! [and yes, I realize that that was yet another gratuitous cute-cat-shot, so sue me]). I'm definitely sure she'll be as happy as a pig in shit for the duration of said backrub.

On another note, my birthday was last Saturday, and though I'm now 24 I can't really say I feel any different than I did a week ago. Birthdays have never been big in my family, and I find it incredibly hard to get excited about my own birthday, or even care too much. I know that sounds sort of sad, but hey, I'm a giver, and I care a lot more about other people's birthdays than I do about my own. Hey, this way you all can get away with not getting me anything but still getting a little something! Ok, fine, that was a bold-faced lie. IF you want to get something good, at least hook a brotha up with a cerveza, :-).

Anyway, last Friday we went to the Brooklyn Brewery with a bunch of our friends, and it was a really fun time. Fine brews at Spuyten Duyvil followed, and I believe we hit the sack at 2am, which has got to be a record for the two of us in the past few months. I mean, seriously, who can get motivated to go out and party hard on a Friday/Saturday when it's freezing out, there's snow/slush everywhere, and you've got Final Fantasies to play at home? Ok, we've only done that once or twice... But still, the point stands.

A final point of information, before I head down to the 16th floor to get some much-needed sustenance (or attempt thereof): I GOT A NEW JOB! Yes yes yes, Luis continues to whore himself out to the system, but this time working at a hedge-fund, so at least he can get paid more for whoring himself out. I'll be doing the same thing I'm doing now, but exclusively for the hedge-fund, working in legal compliance. Everyone was super nice, the location is good (57th and Park) and the pay is more than I was getting here, with the prospect of a much larger Christmas Bonus, hehe, though I don't think I'll be waiting in line at the Masserati dealership come December like all those bankers... But yeah, Newman's got a brand new bag, and he starts on April 4th, after finishing here on the 25th and taking a well-deserved weeklong vacay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home