Monday, April 11, 2005

A Toast to Absent Friends... and Absent Toast

This weekend I spent time in the DC area with good friends from Hopkins. It felt really nice to just have some time away from New York and not visiting my parents. Not that I don't love my folks, but most of the time when I'm out of town, that's where I am. This was a welcome break, though I missed my cub very much.

Erica, J.R., and Jenny certainly took good care of me. I was well-fed with whiskey marinated steak, mashed potatoes, salad, and
Amanda Hesser's chocolate cake for dinner on Saturday, and apricot ginger chicken with sweet potato pancakes for lunch on Sunday.

Aside from the food (yum yum), some other key weekend moments include:

"I am the god of weather!"

"Love, remember that thing about not singing songs to me one instrument at a time?"

"We're parked in A-G2. Remember that."
"Right. Agh-tchoo. Bless you."
:: groan ::

"A kazoo is so totally an instrument."

"Baya-hee! Baya-hoo! Baya-hah! Baya-
haha!"

What fun! Thanks guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home